B. 1949; MA 1972, University of Warsaw; PhD 1986 (also UW). Worked at the University of Warsaw Library in 1972-1973; at the Central Archives of Historical Records (AGAD) in 1973-1979; at the Institute of History, University of Warsaw, since 1979 as senior assistant lecturer and assistant professor since 1987. Post-Graduate Archive Studies at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (1975-1976). Between 1994 and 1999 acting Chair of the Deparment of Auxiliary Sciences of History. Overseas internships: Vienna – September 1992 and June 1994 (invitation by Österreichisches Ost- und Südosteuropa Institut). Post-doctoral degree (habilitacja) 2004, professorship 2009 (also UW).