Welcome to the Institute of History of the University of Warsaw!
The Institute of History shall offer the following English-language courses in the summer semester 2019/2020. There are two types of courses in the Institute:
- Lectures, in which apart from attendance, you are going to read secondary literature, perhaps make presentations, write book review or essays and that may finish with a final exam.
- Tutorials, in which you work in a small group on selected topics (usually related to your lecturer’s current research) and learn methodology of research and build your skills of critique and analysis of different types of primary sources.
Summer semester (Feb 2020 – June 2020):
- Dr Igor Chabrowski (firstname.lastname@example.org): “19th and 20th Century China,” lecture, 2 ECTS
- Dr Igor Chabrowski (email@example.com): “China under Mao,” tutorial, 4 ECTS
- Dr Natalia Królikowska (firstname.lastname@example.org): “Travelling to and from the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in the Early Modern Period,” tutorial, 4 ECTS
- Dr Natalia Królikowska (email@example.com): “Contacts between Islam and Christendom in the Early Modern Period,” lecture, 2 ECTS
- Dr Aleskandra Oniszczuk (firstname.lastname@example.org): “History of Poland in the 19th Century: The Challenge of Equality,” tutorial, 4 ECTS
- Prof. Robert Wiśniewski (email@example.com): “Ancient History Class,” tutorial, 4 ECTS
If you want to register for the course, please contact your lecturer directly via email.
Once you chose your course, you can register ONLY through the Institute of History ERASMUS+ coordinator Dr Igor Chabrowski (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can also attend any other course at the Institute if your language skills permit that.
Please also check the notice board on our webpage: http://en.ihuw.pl/current-students/announcements
All the best,
Igor Chabrowski, PhD
Erasmus+ coordinator, Institute of History