B. 1949; MA 1971, University of Warsaw; PhD 1975, post-doctoral degree (habilitacja) 1985 (also UW); titular professor since 1996. Has worked at the Institute of History, University of Warsaw since 1971 as intern lecturer, assistant lecturer, assistant professor, senior lecturer, associate professor and full professor since 1999. Dean of the Faculty of History, University of Warsaw, 2005-2008. Deputy Rector of the University of Warsaw 2008-2012; editor of Przegląd Historyczny, member of the Polish Philological Society, Polish Historical Society, Central Committee of the History Contest, Committee on Ancient Culture, Polish Academy of Sciences, member of the editorial board of Palamedes. A Journal of Ancient History.