Assistant professor in the Historical Institute of the University of Warsaw. She gained her doctoral degree in 2016 at the Oriental Institute of the University of Warsaw, the thesis – The Verbal System in Medieval Hebrew of the Poetry of Juhuda HaLevi was written under the supervision of prof. Maciej Tomal. In 2003 she gained master’s degree at the Institute of English Philology (with specialization in literary translation) at the University of Łódź and in 2008 at the Department of Hebrew at the Oriental Institute of the University of Warsaw.
In her academic work she focusses mainly on linguistics – particularly the history of Hebrew language, and on Hebrew poetry – especially medieval. As a translator, she specializes in literary poetic translation.
1. “Language and poetics of lyrical works by Yehuda Ha-Levi in the light of his theoretical reflections on the Hebrew language in Kitāb al-Chazarī (Sefer ha-Kuzari)”, Kwartalnik Historii Źydów [Jewish History Quarterly] 266 (2018), pp. 323–345 [Polish].
2. “The Evolution of lyrical dominant in the poetry of Jehuda HaLevi”, Kwartalnik Historii Źydów [Jewish History Quarterly] 263 (2017), pp. 341–355 [Polish].
3. “Verbal system: Medieval Hebrew poetry”, Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics, eds. Geoffrey Khan, Shmuel Bolozky, Steven E. Fassberg, Gary A. Rendsburg, Aaron D. Rubin, Ora R. Schwarzwald, Tamar Zewi; Brill 2012, pp. 930–933.
4. “On God and smoke - the theology and poetry after Auschwitz according to Yehuda Amichai and Dan Pagis.”, Memory of the Shoah. Cultural Representations and Commemorative Practices, eds. Tomasz Majewski, Anna Zeidler Janiszewska, Oficyna Publishers 2009.
5. “The First and the Last God of Amichai - Evolution of the Poetic Concept of the Absolute in the Poetry of Yehuda Amichai” Respublica Nowa 195 (2009), pp. 174–186 [Polish].
Selected translated works:
1. Selected poems of Yehuda Ha-Levi Kwartalnik Historii Żydów [Jewish History Quarterly] 266 (2018), pp. 323–345.
2. Selected poems of Yehuda Ha-Levi Kwartalnik Historii Żydów [Jewish History Quarterly] 263 (2017), pp. 341–355.
3. Selected poems of Yehuda Amichai, Respublica Nowa 195 (2009), pp. 174–186.
4. Selected poems of Yehuda Ha-Levi, Literatura na Świecie [World Literature], 05-06/478-479 (2011), pp. 293–297.
5. John William Rogerson, Powstawanie Pięcioksięgu – Cztery Wykłady [The Creation of Pentateuch – Four Lectures], Adam Mickiewicz University Press, 2006.
6. Selected poems of Natan Alterman, Literatura na Świecie [World Literature], 11-12/400-401 (2004), pp. 371–379.
7. Selected poems of Yehuda Amichai, Literatura na Świecie [World Literature], 11-12/400-401 (2004), pp. 271–285.
1. Head researcher and translator for the NPRH grant (Uniwersalia 2.2) for the research project Hebrajska poezja złotego wieku w al-Andalus. Antologia [The Hebrew Poetry of the Golden Age in al-Andalus. An Anthology] (No. 22H 18 0199 86), 2019–2023, awarded to Marzena Zawanowska.
2. Researcher for the NCN grant for the research project Karaimi i religia karaimska w średniowiecznych źródłach rabinicznych. Studium komparatywne i przekład Kuzari Judy Halewiego [The Karaites and Karaism as Portrayed in Medieval Rabbanite Sources. A Comparative Study and Translation of Judah Halevi’s Kuzari] (No. 2015/19/B/HS2/01284), 2016–2019, awarded to Marzena Zawanowska.