B. 1949; MA 1972, University of Warsaw; PhD 1979 (also UW). Has worked at the Institute of History, University of Warsaw, since 1972, first as intern lecturer, then as assistant lecturer, senior assistant lecturer and assistant professor since 1979 (part-time since 1991). Academic secretary of the IH UW and secretary of the IH UW Advisory Board 1980-1981. Director of the Centre of Archive Information at the Head Office of the State Archives 1991-2000; Deputy General Director of the State Archives 1993-1997; Director of the Head Office of the State Archives since 1997.